CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE BRIDE CHECKLIST
Planning a wedding may be stressful and requires a lot of time, but things can be easier if you start your planning earlier and have a checklist. Your wedding day should be one of the happiest days of your life, and not stressful at all. If everything is well thought and planned, then the wedding day will be exactly how you have imagined it. Take it step by step and everything will be great. Here you will find some tips from me as a destination wedding photographer on how to get ready and plan your dream wedding after you have decided on the date. Check out my bride checklist.
9-12 months before the wedding:
- The first thing that you have to decide about is the budget. How much are you going to spend on your wedding? Because everything else will depend on this. You have to decide the most important things for you on that day, your priorities and the less important things.
- The second thing that it’s important is the guest list. Who are the people you are going to invite on your special day? Is it going to be a big wedding or a small and private one? Because that’s how you are going to find the perfect venue for your wedding day.
- Decide the style/ theme of your wedding. Do you want something minimalist, elegant, vintage, bohemian, or classic? It all depends on your style and your partner’s style. Depending on the style of the wedding you will find the decorations and your wedding dress.
- A wedding planner would be a great idea if you are deciding to have a big wedding and you don’t know where to start with the planning of your special day. The wedding planner is a great help on days like these.
- Select the venue where you are going to have the wedding. Based on the number of guests and your wedding style/ theme you can decide which venue would be the perfect one for your big day.
- Start researching for your wedding dress. There are a lot of options for a bride nowadays for a wedding dress and that is why this step requires a lot of time. You want something that fits you perfectly and makes you feel comfortable and pretty.
- And last but not least are the vendors such as DJ and wedding photographer and videographer. You have to do your research and book the best vendors for your big day, the ones that fit better to your personality and wedding theme. Wedding photographers and videographers can only do one wedding or photoshoot per day and that is why you should book them a year ahead.
- During this time, you should continue researching for the perfect vendors for your wedding such as cake designers, floral designers, or décor companies.
- This is also the perfect time to think of your honeymoon and take some time to relax and think of the holidays with your other half.
- It is also time to think of the bridesmaids and the maid of honor, their dresses, and any other thing that they might need.
- Buy the wedding dress that you chose for this day.
- Since you have found the wedding dress for the big time, it’s the groom’s turn to find the perfect tuxedo for the wedding day. Do your research and find the one that perfectly fits your wedding dress and style.
- Choose the invitations and finalize everything that has to do with the guests.
- Research and shop for wedding rings. You may want something special that may require a lot of time. Make sure you have time to research and find the rings you both like.
- Plan your menu. Take a look at what the chef is going to suggest to you and give your ideas and suggestions to him.
- It’s time to think of the vows. Think of what are going to say and express your feelings, emotions, and love to the one you love.
- Send the wedding invitations. After you send them, you have to wait for the confirmation of the guests if they can make it on that day or not.
- Take care of the last details with the vendors, if there is something you may need to change.
- Begin the wedding dress fittings so everything is perfect.
- Make any last-minute adjustments.
- Take time for yourself. Get a manicure, massage, and everything else that makes you feel relaxed.
- Talk to your vendors and venue, if everything it’s arranged as you would like.
- Packing for your honeymoon. That’s the most exciting thing of the whole week.
Days before the wedding:
- Take good care of yourself, good sleep, healthy food, drink water.
- Make sure for the last time that everything is in order.
JUST ENJOY IT. IT’S YOUR BIG AND SPECIAL DAY.